Cape Town - A man accused of kidnapping, raping and murdering eight-year-old Reagan Gertse from Tulbagh is expected to enter into a plea agreement with the State.
The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) is expected to share details of the plea once it takes place today (Wednesday).
Jacobus Petoors is charged with the murder of Reagan.
NPA spokesperson Eric Ntabazalila said Petoors had been out on parole at the time.
“Jacobus Petoors will make his plea in terms of Section 112(2) this morning at the High Court of South Africa, Western Cape Division.
“He is charged with the kidnapping, rape and murder of 8-year-old Reagan Gertse.
“The boy was seen in the company of the accused on 29 February, 2020,” Ntabazalila said.
“Later that day he attended a party but was never seen again until his lifeless body was found in the nearby bushes the next day.
“Petoors, who was out on parole, was arrested.”
Ntabazalila previously said Petoors’ parole would be cancelled.